Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Candy, Candy everywhere!!!


Candy....it's every where. A goodie bag, parades, movies, friends houses, concession stands. When you can't have it you are more aware just how prevalent it is!

And I'm the Mom saying "No you can't have that." My kids aren't over weight, (Nate is under weight) and cavities aren't the issue. It's fructose!!

 It's crazy how many foods have fructose- especially candy. And when you're a kid that's a big deal.    

Yes, Nate has his own special fructose free candy (hershey bars, kit kats, tic-tacs, smarties, pixie sticks) 
It's all the other candy that he wants of course- the one's his friends are walking around the baseball fields eating- yeah it's not good for anyone, but especially my son.

I've read the articles as I'm sure you have too. Read the percentages of fructose- all that stuff, but what matters is this: DOES IT HAVE FRUCTOSE?  Then the answer is NO. It's just not worth it for Nate.

We have included fructose here and there but why test it with junk candy- I'd rather Nate have tomato or apple than to eat fructose filled candy. Good luck on your fructose free journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment