Friday, June 1, 2012

You're what? Fructose Intolerant?? Huh?

Hi! I've never been a writer but instead of droning on about this journey we're now on to friends and family I thought I'd start a blog. Maybe someone out there has a similar experience because right now in my little suburb of Cleveland I do feel like we are all alone in this fructose tolerant world!

No we aren't health nuts (I'm chubby and love my sweets!!) but we are and have become major label readers. My 8 year old boy is fructose intolerant. And not just a little, a lot. It's been only 4 weeks and already we notice a fantastic improvement in his health. But it is so difficult when you have 2 daughters, and lots of buddies who can eat what ever they want!!

I'll get to the how we found out and his symptoms later but if you are reading this & are fructose intolerant feel free to share!! Share your recipes, your stories, your struggle to find fructose free hamburger buns!!  From homemade cool-aid popsicles being run up to field day to "sorry you can't have that" discussions- we're in it to win it but it is tough sometimes!

It's all worth it though- I feel like a champ when I find the "special bread for Natie" my 3 year old calls it. Knowing his belly aches have subsided, those rancid stinky "puffers" (hate the f*rt word!) are gone and maybe just maybe weight gain will happen makes eating fructose free so worth it. 

Proud to be fructose free baby! That's how we roll now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment