Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mexican Coca-Cola and fructose


Mexican Coca-Cola. I thought it was too good to be true!
If you read my last post about hfcs and soda then you know what I'm talking about! 

Tested samples of Mexican Coca-Cola – which is supposedly made with cane sugar instead of HFCS – contained no sucrose, only fructose and glucose in a 52%-to-48% ratio.

You see on the label in the pic below Meixcan Coke contains no hfcs- only good ole' cane sugar (which Nate can have). In the recent studies it was determined that it does, in deed, contain hfcs. 

Perhaps these studies are incorrect? I will email coka cola and see what they say.
 All  research is flawed slightly- I learned this in my graduate Research class! 

When my husband found Mexican Coke at our grocery store we thought it was a nice "once in awhile" treat for Nathan- he'll never get to drink pop at a party or a restaurant but if it does contain fructose it'll be added to the can't have list. Yay it's healthy being fructose free but when you're friends are sucking down cola's and you have water and your'e a kid- it's a drag. Thank goodness for Kool-aid!


No comments:

Post a Comment