Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sorry, no smore's for you.

Good morning! I hope some of the info I have provided has been helpful! This post is more personal.

Last night we had a great campfire with neighbors. So much fun!

And then...the smores.

Poor Nate. 5 kids roasting marshmallows, squishing them between honey graham crackers and hershey bars- and he couldn't have any.

Yes he could eat the hershey bar- made with cane sugar thank goodness, but after two bits he was done. The smell of the marshmallows was bringing him down.

It's times like this that kinda stinks. At 8 there were no tears of course, just a sad little look. Hopefully he will out grow this. Marshmellows are pure fructose, that on top of the honey graham cracker and your'e asking for stomach trouble- which brings on the weigh loss- not worth it.

Next bonfire we'll trade in marshmallow roasting for something else....any suggestions? Fruit is of course out...hotdogs I guess!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you Lynette. I will research that- I know my kids would think that's so cool and yes, smashed up blueberries and a little sugar would be great. Good luck! I just posted a home made marshmallow site- they were so good and fructose free!

    ReplyDelete